April 2018, Version 1.1
Bildungswerk VDT GmbH (BW), represented by its managing director Wolfgang Köhnsen, and Verband Deutscher Tonmeister e.V. (VDT) jointly operate the Call for Contributions website for VDT events such as the Tonmeistertagung, ICSA, seminars and similar. This website is only available to registered users at https://tonmeistertagung.com/mytmt/ (hereinafter the "Contribution Website").
As the VDT partner for service and logistics, BW is entrusted with organising the events and is the registered user's contracting party in said capacity.
§ 1 General information
- These Terms and Conditions govern the relationship between the organiser and the registered user who wishes to contribute to the event. The version in effect at the time the contract is concluded will apply.
- Individual agreements take precedence over these Terms and Conditions if made in writing. Any deviating, contrary or supplementary Terms and Conditions will not become an integral part of the contract unless expressly agreed in writing by both parties.
§ 2 Conclusion of contract
- By registering a contribution, you enter into an agreement with us. Your registration is binding.
- The program contributions selected by the editorial team will not be remunerated. However, in each case the main author (presenting author) will have free admission to the entire convention. Co-authors will receive a discount on admission to the Tonmeistertagung.
§ 3 Copyright
- The author assures that they have acquired the full copyrights and other property rights to all elements contained in their contribution for the purpose of presentation and use in accordance with the following subsection, and indemnifies VDT from all related third-party claims.
- The author grants VDT the right to replicate, distribute, and publish the contribution in all media without compensation. This includes the written contributions and any A/V broadcast of the presentation and photographs of the author in all appropriate media (print, data storage devices, intranet, internet, social media, and so forth).
§ 4 Manuscript for the transcript
- Lecturers who give talks undertake to submit a manuscript for the event transcript. Lecturers who give posters, workshops or tutorials, as well as session hosts and roundtable chairs may also submit manuscripts provided these do not contain product advertising. Product contributions will not be included.
- Lecturers with reviewed papers (in English) undertake to provide the manuscript for the review process in accordance with AES standards.
§ 5 Guidelines for registering contributions
The appropriate guidelines for each type of contribution may be viewed on the Contribution Website. Each defines the framework conditions that apply for registering a contribution.
§ 6 Your right to withdraw
You may withdraw your contribution within two weeks without providing a reason by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. This time limit begins with the registration of your contribution. Your withdrawal becomes valid when you receive a confirmation e-mail from us.
Withdrawal after this period is not possible, as this would jeopardize planning for the event program.
§ 7 Data protection
- The database of the Contribution Website stores and processes user information in compliance with the applicable provisions of the German Data Protection Act (BDSG) and the German Telemedia Act (TMG). Personal data is only collected to enable event planning.
- The user agrees that their personal data may be collected, processed and used to enable event planning.
- The Contribution Website will not disclose personal data to third parties. An exception is made for the program planning team and other registered users who are also contributing to event planning. In these cases, the scope of the transmitted data is limited to the minimum required.
- The user is entitled to request information on their stored information and to request correction, blocking and—after the event has ended—deletion thereof. Furthermore, the user is entitled to request information on the status of their stored data by e-mail at: email@example.com. Insofar as there is a statutory or contractual obligation to retain the data, said data will be blocked instead of deleted.
- The user's personal information will be kept confidential and in particular not disclosed for the purpose of advertising or market and opinion research.
§ 8 Amendments to the Terms and Conditions
- The Contribution Website reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time giving at least two weeks’ notice. The amendment will be announced by publishing the amended Terms and Conditions and the date they will enter into force in the Internet at the website https://tonmeistertagung.com/mytmt/
- If the user does not object within two weeks following publication, the amended Terms and Conditions will be deemed accepted.
§ 9 Final provisions
- The laws of the Federal Republic of Germany apply.
- If the user is a business person, corporate body under public law or special fund under public law, the jurisdiction for all disputes arising out of this contract will be Bergisch Gladbach, Germany, provided no exclusive jurisdiction applies.